Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Another Mountain to Climb. Blog Letter 4/6/2015

Dearest Family,

I am overwhelmed as I email you today. So much has happened this past week and it has all culminated up to my next area and assignment that I received earlier this morning at transfer meeting. Thanks for not spoiling General Conference. I am excited to watch it next week in my new area. President Maurer did show us a clip of Elder Ballards talk in the priesthood session though and that was good. It sounds like the themes of General Conference are right on for my current stage of life.

I will miss UEP and Elder R. I greatly enjoyed my time there and though short, I grew close with many of the members. This past week being Holy week wasn't a great week for teaching investigators but we did have a lot of success with Recent Converts and Less Actives. My last Sunday in UEP ward was a good one to end on because the attendance was the highest that we have yet seen while we have been here and almost all of the Less Actives we have worked with for the past two transfers came to Church. 

J. and his girlfriend broke up on friday because she's a 'playa' and when we talked to his mom and sister that night we were just hoping and praying that he didn't go and get drunk. We taught him the next day though and we were happy to here that he withstood the temptation. He wanted to. He really, really wanted to get drunk but he didn't. He knew he couldn't. He has really made a lot of progress and I'm gonna miss him but I know he has a bright future ahead if he will continue on the path that he is currently on. I am excited to keep in touch with him in the coming years. 

So like I said, this past week was Holy Week and so that just means another excuse to party (go figure) and so everything was pretty dead this past week. We kind of anticipated that though and so in Missionary Coordination Meeting (MCM) last Sunday the members actually suggested that we do some kind of activity and so on Thursday we had an activity with all the Auxiliary leaders and ward missionaries where we prepared some team building games to help them develop unity. The Activity went really well. Elder R. knew some good games and I did as well thanks to Scouting and Venturing. The members that attended loved it and The Bishop and his Counselor Brother T. took all the little papers we made and were taking notes so that they could use the activities at Youth Conference this coming week. The ward here has a lot of potential and is really starting to get going which also means perfect timing for me to transfer. I'm grateful for the time I have spent there though and I hope I was able to help them in at least some small way. I have learned so much from them and from my companion.

As I contemplated what might happen for my last two transfers, I had a couple of guesses/wishes where I could be assigned and who I could be assigned with. Now with my assignment given I am reminded that what I want really doesn't matter and any of the idea's that I had would not have helped me grow as much as my current assignment will. My new area is Cebuano speaking and it is in Ormoc Zone it is called Kilim. So that will be fun switching back to Cebuano. My companion's name is Elder A. and he is from Samoa. He has a good heart but can be a bit troublesome to say the least. I was his zone leader in Tacloban. President has asked me to help him out. Being companions with him will surely be an adventure. 

I love each of you and I love this work. Thank you for your love and support. Your prayers are felt. I know that Jesus Christ lives and is our Savior. May we always remember the covenants that we have made.

Love, Elder Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment