Tuesday, April 14, 2015

It's going to be a fun transfer Blog letter 4/14/2015

Dearest Family, 

It has been an exciting week to say the least. We've been able to get to know our area here in Kilim pretty quickly though and we have our work cut out for us. Kilim isn't an actual municipality but is part of Baybay. There is a ward in Baybay and then in this part it's just a Branch. We have some good people that we are working with here and I will report about them all more as we get to know them better this coming week. One however, Brother B. is the husband of a member but he hasn't joined the Church yet. He is really nice but has usually refused to be taught by the missionaries. The first time that we visited them however we were able to teach him and he was receptive. He's really smart and we are excited to keep working with him. It really was a tender mercy that we were able to teach him and even his wife seemed a little surprised as well as grateful that he listened. 

Elder A. is good. He has a mind of his own to say the least and each day is an adventure. This past week he took down a Coconut with a rock in just two hits. It was impressive. I'm not sure the members really know what to think of him but I think they like him just because he's fun to watch. He doesn't really know Cebuano and usually just uses broken samoan english. I'm learning some somoan though and that's cool. He has a really good heart and even though he's not always understood some of the things he says are very profound. It's going to be a fun transfer. 

General Conference was fantastic! I hope none of you felt left out because it felt like they were all just talking to me. I didn't really take notes for each individual speaker but I wrote down a list of themes by which to study as I review over the talks in the coming weeks. If I could choose just one theme from this conference it would be Eternal Perspective but with in that them there were many subthemes including, the family, marriage, fatherhood, selfless and genuine priesthood service, and making God our priority. It gave me many things to think about and goals to work on. The mission has changed the way I see and think about many things. I'm not completely sure what I want to do when I grow up but I do know one thing and that is that I want to do everything I can to be a righteous Husband, Father, and Priesthood leader. It truly isn't where we serve but how we serve. 

I love each of you and I want you to know that your prayers are felt. Keep the Faith and May peace be the journey!

Love Elder Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment