Monday, November 24, 2014

Oh Yeah...Thanksgiving. Blog Letter 11/24/2014

Dearest Family,

Before I forget, Happy Thanksgiving! That's this week right? I have a lot to be grateful for but they don't really celebrate Thanksgiving here. A filipino elder asked me this past week what that famous holiday was that we celebrate in America in November. I thought about it and then said, "Oh yeah... Thanksgiving." 

It was a great week. Our main goal was just to get things all ready to hand off the area to the next missionaries. We were able to go on splits with the Missionaries that will be taking our place and were able to go on splits in our new area as well so hopefully all will run smoothly. If not, transfer week is next week on the 3rd. I went with Elder A into our new area and we were visiting a few Recent convert families and it turns out a couple of them were people that I interviewed last transfer and so that will be cool being able to work with them as recent converts. 

So ya know in the cartoons when someone is walking and they step on a piece of wood or something and it breaks, they float in the air for a couple seconds and then drop. Well that happened to me this past week. We were going to get a member to work with us and as I was getting out of the car I turned and stepped on this piece of wood that was over this hole in the sidewalk and as I stepped the wood broke and I fell a little more than a meter into the sewer... luckily the sewer wasn't super full and so I didn't get wet or poopy or anything. I'm sure it looked pretty funny but the only one that saw was a kind old tatay that helped me out of the hole. Elder V was on the other side of the car when it happened. It was totally unexpected so I was kind of shocked when it happened. It almost felt as if the half second fall lasted about 5 as if I floated in the air for a couple of seconds before I dropped. No harm done though. Just banged up my shin a little bit.

So that same night we taught the C family! I am sad that we won't be able to teach them anymore but I hope that the other elders will be able to continue to help them progress. Our lesson with them was very good. We watched the Restoration video with them and we had members that were able to bear testimony. As we discussed the restoration after watching the video, Sister C was recounting about how they were reading the Book of Mormon and at this time she asked her husband, "So Should we Join?" I hope this excitement continues. The Brother is receptive but like anyone, has doubts. Those can be overcome though as the missionaries continue to work with them. I am excited to see how things go with them.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week and a wonderful Thanksgiving. We all have so much to be grateful for. Even though I may have forgotten about that American Holiday called Thanksgiving, I have tried not to forget to be grateful each day. I love you a lot and I am so grateful for all of your love and support. Keep the Faith and may peace be the Journey! Eat a slice of turkey for me too, and some mashed potatoes!

Love Elder Lowe  

No comments:

Post a Comment