Monday, November 10, 2014

Some are prepared, others need preparation letter 11/10/2014

Dear Pamilya! 

I'm really not sure what to write to you this morning. The days have just been flying by and sometimes I'm just doing everything I can to keep up. The change is gradual but I think I'm becoming a better person. I can honestly say I feel the atonement working in my life and I hope that is true of all of us. The Lord shows us our weaknesses so that we will put our trust in him. I have felt that time and time again as I have served in the mission field. As we humble ourselves and have faith in Him weak things will become strong unto us.

I am really enjoying our area right now. The C. family is close to being ready for baptism. They are relatives of one of the really strong members of our ward from Tacloban. They understand everything very well the only problem is they live really far away and so they can only come to Church every other week. We are working with the Bishop to get a Special Sacrament Mtg. going out in their place every other week. Assuming all goes well with that, they will be baptized in December hopefully on the 13. We visit them every Saturday with their relatives.
We have another investigator family by their place, they are sweet! We taught them once a while ago but until yesterday our schedules haven't been able to match up. The brother is an attorney(professional) and so he is pretty busy. Our lesson with them yesterday went so well. They are so kind and made sure that their whole family and even their helper listened while we taught. They fed us dinner afterwards as well. They were very receptive and have a lot of potential to progress. Especially if everything works out with having a special sacrament meeting out there.

We weren't able to teach S. this week unfortunately. The problem with professionals is that they are always busy. It's nice to teach educated people though that understand religious topics. It seems that there are many people we teach that are receptive but we can tell that they don't completely get it. If that makes sense. We will teach the Restoration and then they will make a comment in that or the next lesson saying "oh, yeah. We're the same. We both believe in Jesus." Well yes. We both believe in Jesus but... even though there are many good things in the many religions of the world there is only one that was established by Jesus Christ that has the necessary organization and authority to produce salvation. That very Church has been restored in our time. Sometimes people have a hard time grasping that concept for some reason. As missionaries we are always looking for those who have been prepared to receive the Gospel, but I also believe that in many other cases we are Gods instruments in preparing them to receive the message. Some are prepared, others need preparation. I don't know, maybe that's false doctrine but it sounds good.. That's just something that has been going through my mind this past week. 

I love this work. I love being a missionary. Thank you for your prayers and for you love and support. Keep the Faith and may peace be the Journey.

Love Elder Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment