Monday, December 1, 2014

Oreo Balls. Blog letter 12/01/2014

Maupay nga aga Pamilya!
Paspas hin duro ine nga semana. We have finished our first week in our new area. I'll be honest, it was a bit difficult staying motivated in a new area the week before transfers but we managed alright. It's likely that Elder V will be transferring this week but anything could happen, especially with President Maurer so we'll see what this week brings. I am expecting/hoping to stay here for another transfer.
There isn't a ton to work right now in our area but we have enough to keep us going until we can find some new investigators and stuff like that. We are working with some part member families that will hopefully be able to baptize in the near future. 3 of our current investigators are family of a Mom and son that Elder V and I interviewed a couple of months ago. It is cool working with Recent Converts that we interviewed for Baptism. I am excited to keep working in this area, it has a lot of potential. We want to find and teach everyone that will receive the Gospel but we hope and pray that we may be able to convert professionals because they are the people that will help the Church grow. The Church in this part of the world really just needs good solid converts that can become strong leaders. Missionaries can only do so much. This work requires a combined effort.
We are loving our new apartment in the middle of Down town. I really didn't enjoy living with the Office Elders and AP's. Their great, don't get me wrong, We just didn't really like living with them. Our Kabahay's Elder S and Elder B are great. Elder B is a new missionary and he cracks me up. He a tall skinny kid from Virginia. This past week he made these oreo balls. They were delicious but I'm pretty sure they is enough sugar and fat to last you a life time. First he crushed up a whole sleave of oreo's in a bowl and then mixed it with cream cheese. Once this was all mixed into a kind of dough he rolled them into balls and put them on a plate and put them in the freezer. The next morning he took them out and covered them in Goya Chocolate spread(it's like nutella) and then put them back in the freezer. They were delicious but I was worried they might send me into a sugar induced Coma. This Elder though, is hilarious. It turns out we were both at the 2010 National Jamboree.
I started reading the 24 Days of Christmas booklet that you sent me this morning. The first story was enough to bring tears to my eyes. I love the Line where the little girl says, "I'm scared of him, but he can share my room, I just won't look at him!"
Some of our greatest joy truly does come from giving of ourselves. As a missionary, and as missionaries, what greater gift to give than the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I love you all and I am so grateful for your love and support. I honestly forgot that it was Thanksgiving last thursday because we had a really crazy day but I did strive each day to be grateful in any Circumstance.
Keep the Faith and may peace be the Journey!
Love Elder Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment