Monday, September 29, 2014

Halo-Halo Blog Letter 9/29/2014

Dearest Family,
Where did the week go? Time is moving so quickly. It's taken a little bit of patience adjusting back to Waray-waray but I think it's coming. Sometimes I wish I only had to focus on one language. There were a few lessons this past week where I used Waray, Cebuano, and Tagolog all in the same lesson. I interviewed a man from Cebu this past week as well in Cebuano. Cebuano and Waray are very similar but different enough to make it an awkward transition. I am grateful for and ever reliant upon the spirit because it seems that all of hopes of eloquence have been lost in this jumble of languages. We have a really cool senior Couple in our mission from Far West, Missouri right now that are very diligent about finding and teaching when they don't have other responsibilities. They only speak English and sometimes we translate for them but my companion has made the comment that when it's just them, even if their investigator doesn't understand super well at first, as the lesson continues and the spirit gets stronger they start to understand English better and are able to ask questions. As a missionary here it has been a challenge with all the languages. To be honest sometimes it sucks but it has taught me to be patient and humble and it has taught me and even forced me to follow the spirit.
We had a successful baptism on Saturday from our San Juanico Ward and have seven more coming up this Saturday from Basey Branch. Sister H. was our last baptism. She was a referral of President Aban. President Aban is the man. He is such a consecrated leader and was indeed called of God to lead the Tacloban Saints through Yolanda and her after math. It was a great experience seeing him stand in the Water with this sister. This gospel changes lives. I see it every time I see an investigator come up out of the water. You can see it in their eyes.
I know The Church is true. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us. I love you all and pray for you always. Keep the faith and may peace be the journey.
Love Elder Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment