Monday, October 6, 2014

What do we offer each week Blog letter 10/6/2014

Maopay na kalop Dearest family,

I have to say thank you for not saying too much about General Conference. From what you did say though I am excited and am looking forward to this coming Saturday and Sunday on this side of the World. This will be General Conference number 3 on the mission.  

We had a really good week this past week that ended with 5 baptisms this past weekend. The baptismal service was a little rough but that is to be expected sometimes here. The important thing is that they happened. I ended up baptizing all of them which was fine even though we were hoping we would have a member that could. I will try to send pictures next week from a faster internet place. It was in the ocean! I love ocean baptisms however the water is a little dirtier here than in So. Leyte. 

On Wednesday we had MLC(missionary leadership Council) and the trainings from President and the AP's were really good. The mission focus this coming month is Sacrifice. President showed us a church video about how they offered Sacrifices in Old Testament times and how it was meant to help them look forward to Christ' sacrifice. The Sacrament was instituted for us to remember the Sacrifice that has been made for us to be able to Return to the Presence of Heavenly Father. At the end it presented the question, What do we offer each week when we partake of the sacrament? We don't offer a blood sacrifice but as we approach the sacrament to renew our covenants we can offer our bad habits and vices. I approached the sacrament yesterday with this in mind and it made a difference. I felt the spirit as I chose small disobediences in my life that I want to fix and offered them to the Lord as I partook of the sacrament and renewed my covenants. 

The work is moving forward! I love being a missionary. I know we have a Father in Heaven. I know he is aware of us. I love you all. Keep the Faith and may peace be the Journey.

Love Elder Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment