Monday, September 15, 2014

Transfers! Letter 9/15/2014

Dear Family!

As for my animal cruelty story for the week... In the Sogod apartment there are two floors and the second floor has a small balcony type thing. One night there happened to be a cat going through some garbage on the ground and so I did the only logical thing and hurried to grab a bucket of water so that I could drench the cat with it from the second story balcony of the apartment. The cat ran away pretty quick but it was soaked.
I'm gonna miss Libagon! I love those people so much but I'm ready for my new area. Both me and Elder D transferred and the members were pretty sad to see us go. I gave one of my white shirts one of my favorite ties to B. I know that the work there will continue to progress. I know that the application for them to become a branch is being processed right now and so that should happen before the end of the year. I will especially miss the L's. Brother L has been a very strong example to me. As I think back on the things I have learned from him I am reminded of a talk given by Henry B. Eyring entitled, "The Priesthood Man." Brother L has indeed become one of the "Priesthood Men" In my life.
One of the things I have learned as a missionary is that Missionaries still have doubts. As in, we don't know everything like we used to or so we thought... I have found that it is important as we continue to study, to continue also seeking for a witness from the spirit that these things are true. This week I noticed a pattern that is very visible as I look back on my mission. The pattern goes something like this. I will pray to know and I will study. As I do this I will feel the comfort of the spirit but then in the next day(s) it seems as though I will be hit with doubt until at last a firm witness is received. And this pattern repeats itself. After all, we receive no witness until AFTER the trial of our Faith. I have experienced my faith being tried time and time again and each time I have received a further witness of the Truthfulness of the Gospel. I started this process again through fasting last fast Sunday. I fasted for a further witness that I might be able to Testify and teach with more power. That Sunday was very good. I felt right. I knew I was where I was supposed to be but than Monday I was hit with doubt. I had questions. I struggled with it for a few days until Friday. On Friday we were in Tacloban for transfers and President Maurer spoke to us. He showed us a Video. I don't remember what the video was about but As I watched it I was hit with a witness. I was overcome with the spirit and I couldn't even breathe for a few seconds. I knew more surely than ever before of the Truthfulness of this Gospel. I realized the fruits of struggling to receive answers as I did through study since the previous Monday.
I was transferred. I'm still getting my arms around this new area but so far so Good. I have been assigned in Tacloban City. I am one of the new Tacloban Zone Leaders. I will let you know more details this coming week.
I love you all. I had more to say but I'm out of time! Keep the Faith and may peace be the Journey!
Love Elder Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment