Monday, February 23, 2015

100% Sure. Blog Letter 2/23/2015

Dearest Family,
It has been a great week. The baptism of Sister J and Brother Ju was a success. I felt the spirit really strong at the baptismal service. J seemed to be trying to absorb every moment as she stood in the Baptismal font. They were baptized by the Elders Quorum President Brother S. 

Brother Ja is good but it's going to be a process helping him return back into full activity. He really opened up to us this past week. He wants to change and he has tried but he keeps falling. But that's the wonderful part about the Atonement, There is always another chance as long as we are willing to repent. He came to part of church yesterday which was good but when we returned to teach him last night he was drunk.. We love him though and we really want to help him change and we have faith that he can.
Earlier this week we were on a tricycle (a motor cycle with a side car) and I was right next to the driver and he looked at us and said, "Are you sure your Church is true." A little confused but confident nonetheless I replied, "yes.." He then said, "How sure?" Still unsure where this was going but sure that the church was true, immediately I said, "100% sure."  Then I asked what religion he was from and he said he was from the Reorganized Church. I was even more surprised at this fact but then he admitted to actually being a member and RM from Catarman. He was just messin around with us and we got a good laugh out of it afterwards. Later that day I was reflecting on the experience and even though I was a little unsure where this guy was going I was sure that the Church was true and I honestly don't know how else I would have responded.
The Work is going well here. I am excited for this next transfer and hopefully we will see a couple of more Baptisms. I love you all and hope all is well! You are in my prayers often. Keep the faith and may peace be the Journey!
Love Elder Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment