Tuesday, February 17, 2015

We Got A New Phone Blog Letter 2/15/2015

Dear Family,
But really, Elder R. and I got a big kick out of the package. When I opened the box we were both shocked when I pulled out an iphone 6 box. I knew there was no way it was actually an iphone, but at first glance I was still pretty surprised. We laughed pretty hard at the iphone case inside and even played some pranks on the other missionaries convincing them that we had actually bought an iphone because our mission phone broke. The iphone box now makes a nice decoration on my desk. I loved the socks and the shirts as well! The socks smell so good! I haven't used them yet because they smell so good. Sometimes I just sit at my desk and smell them... Please also send my thanks to The Spanish Peak and YSA ward for their letters and Christmas messages. I particularly enjoyed the letter of Jessie J. so tell her hello and thank her for me. I got the Christmas card of Rob and Ali! You both look great. I also got the one year announcement thing where Hailey still looks like an alien (it's okay... all babies look that way when they are newly born). She is really cute though in the Christmas card.
The area is doing well and it gets better each week. J and J are preparing for their baptism coming up on Saturday and so we hope and pray all will go well there. We talked to their parents this past week when we filled out their baptism and confirmation record and they are okay with them being baptized but they don't want anything to do with the Church. I was maybe a little more persistent than I should have been but hopefully one day they will soften their hearts. The best place to learn and live the Gospel truly is in the family unit. On that note, we committed the wife of a recent convert to be baptized in March! And oh, of course the goal is that they, N and T will be able to attend the temple and be sealed.
We also met a man named J this past week. He used to be active a long time ago but for the past several years has been less active. He has a desire to come back though and he wants us to teach and baptize his girl friend. We have only taught him once and have an appointment with him and his girl friend on Tuesday but we are super excited to work with them. He has a really good heart and I hope we might be able to help him return to activity in the church.
We had a zone training earlier this week and then another training down in Tacloban later in the week for the missionaries who are in training. The training was good and arriving in Tacloban kind of felt like coming home but wow that ride is killer. Seven hours of windy road. I'm not one to get car sick but that ride always gives me a pretty good headache. The mode of transport is a van; A Toyota Hiace to be exact. The mission focus this month is Consecration and it is on that note that I would like to close. Like most things in life, consecrating oneself is a process. It happens one step at a time. I believe that God understands this concept and I believe that our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ love us unconditionally. Obeying His commandments and consecrating ourselves to Him and His work is how we show our love for Him. And then in His infinite goodness He makes us into something greater than we could ever become if left to ourselves. Because of His atonement which is infinite and eternal we can change and become better. As we obey Him and consecrate ourselves to Him we are exercising faith in His great atoning sacrifice. The master stated, "If ye love me, keep my commandments" and King Benjamin in his wisdom said, speaking of belief in God and repentance, "...and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them." And then if we do, we will "be led to a land of promise." If I might personalize the scriptures, 1 Nephi 2:20 could read, "And inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall prosper, and shall be [changed into a man] of promise; yea, even a [man] which I have [planned] for you; yea, a [manner of man] which is choice above all other [manner of men]." The Savior asked, 'What manner of men ought ye to be?' And then answering His own question He states, "Verily I say unto you, even as I am." If we will willingly obey his commandments and consecrate ourselves to Him and His work, He will make us into such a man. Yea, even a man of God. Perfection is a process. It occurs one step at a time as we strive to follow the great plan of happiness that has been given to us.
I love seeing miracles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the lives of all the people that we work with as well as in my own life. I know God lives and loves us regardless of our weaknesses. He wants us to succeed and because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can and will.
I love you all! Keep the faith and may peace be the journey!
Love Elder Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment