Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Walk In Newness of Life Letter 4/22/2014

Dearest Family,

It has been a good week here in Libagon. The internet was down yesterday and so we are emailing today instead. The work is tough but I love it so much. I really feel and can see the Lord molding me, as well as other missionaries into better people. I am grateful to be here serving the Lord. The Greatest blessings in this Church truly come from our service to others. Even on the days where I feel like I can't understand the peoples needs or don't know how to help them, the Lord always provides a way.

Our investigators are doing well. We only taught them once this week and they weren't able to come to Church but they continue to grow in their conversion. My biggest concern for them is their Recent Convert neighbors who aren't being the best examples to say the least. We are working with them and trying to help them though. Sometimes I feel like they are better examples to their neighbors than their neighbors are to them and they aren't even members yet. Here where people are so poor it's a real challenge helping people understand the blessings that come from making sacrifices to attend church and keeping the Sabbath day holy. Conversion, however is a process even after we are baptized. This is why it is critical that investigators and recent converts have the support of active members. Assuming these investigators come to church this coming Sunday we will plan on having their baptism on the 2nd of May. I am so excited for them.

The Baptism of Sister A. was really good. It was such a privilege to baptize her and it was even better to experience her confirmation. One of the speakers at the baptismal service talked about how when we are baptized we walk in newness of life. I really like this concept. Each time we partake of the sacrament as we renew our covenants we walk in "newness of life" and repentance must always precede participation in the Sacrament as it must precede Baptism. We must never forget our covenants and we have been reminded of that time and time again by the general Authorities and officers of the Church. 

In Chapter 8 of "Preac My Gospel" Their is a quote that talks about goal setting and how if we don't master the principle of goal setting we will reach a ripe old age and have only reached a small part of our potential. One thing our mission president has stated in our mission vision is Beginning with an End in mind. I have begun to apply this in the small things as well as the big things and encourage you all to do the same. Set goals of what you want to accomplish whenever you do something. For me it is things as small as personal study to things as big as the end of the mission. 

I know this Church is True. I know Christ stands at it's head. It is His Church. I know that my Redeemer lives. Happy Easter.

Love Elder Ethan Adams Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment