Monday, April 14, 2014

I'll Teach, She'll Testify 04/14/2014

My Dearest Family,

Question of the week: Is "Holy Week" Really Holy? Or just an excuse to party? We shall see. The Challenge of training continues but things are going well. Elder F.and I are both growing from this. 

I am so excited for the baptism of our investigators on May 3. They are basically members already. The brother is a fisherman that I can see as a strong leader in the Church. Brother L.  and I were talking about how strikingly this situation resembles Peter in the bible. The Lord did amazing things with Peter. I believe he will do amazing things with this brother as well. Whenever we visit them I feel so much love from them. We might as well be their own grandchildren. They told us the other day that if we weren't there, that it would be okay because the brother would teach the lesson and then the Sister would testify. That comment made my day. It makes me so happy to see them becoming spiritually self-reliant. Sometimes I feel like they are better examples than their neighbors who are also members...

We are also preparing for the baptism of Sister A. this coming Saturday. Sister A. is 15 years-old. She reminds me of a Character off of the Sandlot or something like that. She has a really spunky personality and despite persecution, she has a strong desire to be baptized. We have been teaching her with her aunt  who isn't quite ready to accept the invitation to be baptized. Her aunt has changed a lot over the course of our teaching though and I look forward to helping her resolve her concerns. Last night her and Sister A. came over while Sister A had her baptismal interview. While Sister A. was being interviewed Elder F. and I as well as a family there talked with her aunt and she told us about some of the persecution. We then sang together from the Hymn book. It was such a neat experience singing together and bearing testimony through song. I hope that she was able to gain strength and courage to overcome persecution and opposition. Unfortunately, she was unable to come to General Conference and listen to the words of our Prophets and Apostles about persecution and opposition but we were happy to relay their advice. Opposition and persecution truly do accompany truth. That truth has been made evident as I have served in the mission field.

I really enjoyed General Conference. Very basic and simple. Keep Covenants, be true to what you know. I Loved President Uchtdorfs talk about Gratitude. One of the best ways to cope with the stresses here in the Mission field is to have a grateful heart. The Lord truly has helped me so much.

I love you all and look forward to hearing from you each week. Keep moving forward. Keep the faith and may peace be the Journey. 

In Alma 17 when the sons of Mosiah and Alma cross paths it says that their joy was added to because they were still brothers in the Lord(verse 2). As I serve in the mission and as you all serve at home we are all growing closer and more like our Savior so that when we meet again we will still be Brethren or Family in the Lord. 

Love Elder Ethan Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment