Monday, December 22, 2014

Wet Feet Blog Letter 12/22/2014

Maupay nga pasko ha inyo ngatanan! 

It has been a very short and eventful week. We had a Mission Conference and Stake Conference this past weekend. Here in Tacloban everyone is very grateful just to have electricity this Christmas. Stake Conference was packed. Every seat was filled as well as a few overflow rooms. 

Thank you much for the package. We had a zone activity this morning and so we made good use of the Frisbee. And I honestly felt a little bit like a house elf when I saw the socks. I love socks. Except for when they are wet which I have had to get used to because it is rainy season currently and our area is really swampy and so most days my socks get soaked. In any case, what a great blessing it is to have clothes. There are a few naked people in Tacloban that we see every now and then. Mark Twain once said, "Clothes make the man, Naked people have little or no influence in society."  

R. and M.J. are doing well. They had something come up again yesterday so they weren't able to come to Church but we know they have a sincere desire. I really enjoy teaching them. We have also been teaching R.'s little brother who is not yet baptized and he is being a little stubborn but we love him anyways. He has some sort of a concern but we are having a hard time resolving it. We had a good lesson with him last night though about how the spirit operates and so hopefully he will start to keep commitments. We witnessed the gift of healing with him last week as well. He was having back pains and we gave him a blessing and the pain decreased almost instantly and hasn't hurt as bad since that day. We found that out last night. What a great blessing it is to hold the Priesthood. 

I would love to say more but the time is far spent! I look forward to talking to you later this week. I will try to skype you between 9 and 10 am Christmas morning. I love you all and am grateful for your love and support. I know that Christ lives and we can overcome all things through his Atonement! Keep the Faith and may peace be the journey!

Love Elder Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment