Monday, July 14, 2014

Videoke. Letter 7/14/2014

Dearest Family,

Wow. This week has gone by so quick. I was thinking back on the week and what I should write two you and I thought to myself: I thought I emailed y'all yesterday... The work is going well and I'm going to say I owe it to my companion. A good companion makes a world of a difference in this work. A good companion makes the work a little easier in a tough area. Technically I am training Elder D but he's teaching me just as much. We have really reestablished our vision this past week and are determined to accomplish our goals. 

We are really hoping that our new investigator, Brother M will progress. He's 19 and is really interested in the Gospel. He told us that he wants to be like us. He asked us how he could do what we do. Well Brother, let us tell you... He understands everything well but the conversion comes in the application. He didn't come to church but we will try to help him there next week. He has a few friends that have sat in on our lessons as well that are interested as well. 

We stopped by to one of our investigators one afternoon hoping to be able to teach but if anything remind her about Church the next day. Her name is Y and she's about 57ish I think. Anyways, we got to her house to hear someone singing very loudly to videoke. Vidoeke is karaoke in the Philippines, I don't care how loud it is or how bad my voice sounds I'm gonna sing, That's their attitude. It is a very common thing here. In most cases it's loud enough for the entire barangay to hear. So we approached her house and called and she didn't hear us of course, how could she? So we just waited/listened. When the song finally finished we were questioning whether or not she was drunk. Luckily she wasn't but it we still weren't able to teach and so we just invited her to Church because there wasn't another male and we had another appointment. It was really just one of those situations where we walked away and I just thought "alrighty then..." 
And that is my random story for the week.

I love this work. I'm not perfect at it but I try every day to be a little better. I love you all and love hearing from you. Keep the Faith and may peace be the Journey!

Love Elder Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment