Monday, March 17, 2014

Just have faith letter 03/17/2014

Dear Family,

I am short on time so I'll keep this one short.

It has been an amazing week here in Libagon. We had Seven Investigators at Church on Sunday and they all had a great experience. We should be having a few baptisms here in April and we have one scheduled for March 29

This one family we had been teaching, well they have this daughter who is nine and hasn't been baptized and so she is one of our investigators. We passed her on the street the other day and so we asked what she had been up to that day and she informed us that she was reading The Book of Mormon. It was the cutest thing. She is the most Christ-like little girl I have ever met. Even in church on Sunday she was listening so attentively to the speakers. She is a sweet heart.

Brother E. is doing well but he needs faith. He wants evidence. We have taught about faith quite a bit. He has a lot of doubts and he does a lot of research. He is still receptive and wants to know for sure that this is true. However, I think he has asked us about every big Anti Mormon doctrine there is. If you have a question about any of them let me know and I have probably studied a scripture which resolves it. We don't always answer his questions but we do study them. Pray for him to be able to change. It must be a huge sacrifice converting from a religion you have been devoted to your whole life.

We continue to teach the T. family and friends (the group of about 30). Some are progressing, some are just there. We want to separate them but people just gather and so it's hard. We almost had five of them at church but something came up and so they are coming next week instead. On our way from one of our visits with them all the kids were holding on either of my arms and all in all I think there were about 12 on each side. They almost tore me in half. I'm not joking. We ran away again, but they were more persistent in chasing us this time. We walk a lot but my running endurance has dwindled quite a bit. We only ran like 400 meters but my legs were sore the next day. 

I love this work. The Lord is helping us so much. I know this Church is true. I know this is Christ's Church. I love you all. Keep the Faith and may peace be the Journey.

Love Elder Lowe

Hebrews 8:16-18



No comments:

Post a Comment