Monday, November 18, 2013

I've got news! New everything...

Dear Family,

Here in the next couple of weeks I will get the entire story written down and send it to you. But wow, It has been a wild couple of weeks filled with more change and emotions then I have ever experienced. My testimony has been strengthened so much. Again, I express my gratitude to you all for your concern and your prayers, Everyone has been felt. I'm not sure where I would be without them. I am so grateful for the Atonement, not only does it cleanse us from sin but it heals us from sorrows. In Hymn no. 30 "Come Come Ye Saints" one line states that "grace shall be as your day." I have felt that grace as I have coped with the events of these past couple weeks. We have a loving Heavenly Father and I know his son; Our savior Jesus Christ has carried me through. As I look back on the last two weeks I only see one set of footprints. He has carried each and everyone of us through this tragedy. I know He is preparing me for a greater purpose. As we face trials we must remember that He is as a "refiners fire and, and like fuller's soap" and that "[He has] chosen [us] in the furnace of affliction." I remember in the days after the storm feeling helpless. I wondered what I, an 18 year old kid, could do with the Gospel in such circumstances. I then began to realize just how great this Gospel is and just how important this work is. Everyone needs this Gospel! The way is narrow but there is room for all who will hearken unto this Gospel in the Kingdom of God. After such tragedy and loss I began to realize what is really important. After all is lost, we still have the Gospel; we still have our testimonies. We have been given so many tools and resources to be able to learn and grow in the Gospel, but it requires faith. We must act. "[We] must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."

I never imagined that my second area in the mission would be in a different mission. It's good and it hasn't been as hard as I thought to adapt but I definitely miss Tacloban and my missionaries so much as well as all my investigators and families in Palo. I am so grateful for your prayers but continue to pray for them as well. Elder D. is my new companion. I'm still getting to know him but I like him so far. He's a Filipino and I'll tell you more about him as I get to know him better. Our ward is really good and they were so welcoming. I was asked to bear my testimony on Sunday and I was able to testify to them of being prepared for the storms of life. I shared 3 Nephi 9:13 and encouraged them to turn unto the Lord and be prepared for His coming. I was crying the whole time but the spirit was really strong. The ward is very new but they are doing their best and I am excited to work with them. It's always a challenge getting to know a new area but I am excited to get to work. I know I am where I am supposed to be, and as I get to know other missionaries, I know that all the missionaries from Tacloban were in Tacloban for a reason. The language is already coming as well after just a few days. There are a lot of similar words and so that makes it a little easier. Learning a new language is a lot of fun and It doesn't seem so hard this time since I've done it two other times before. 

I have said it before and I will say it again that the Gift of Tongues is real. The Lord is hastening His work! I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a part of it. Never pass up an opportunity to share the gospel. The gospel is for everyone and everyone wants and needs it, just not everyone knows it yet. I love this work and I love this Gospel. I know I am where I am supposed to be. There is power in a smile and a good Attitude even if you have to fake it at first. 

"Be still my Soul: The Lord is on thy side;
With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change he faithful will remain. 
Be still my soul: they best, they heavenly friend
Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end."

I love you all. Keep the faith and may peace be the journey!

Love Elder Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment