Monday, October 21, 2013

I'm fine. . . The earthquake was lame... Letter 10/21/2013

Dearest Family,


Anything you have seen on the internet about the earthquake is in Cebu, not Tacloban. We just felt a little bit. There is no damage here and everything is just great. It was so weird when it happened though. It was like being on a boat kind of. We were wondering why our house was moving and then we looked out side and realized the power lines were moving too so we got out in the open. It only lasted about 20 seconds and was pretty minor. It would have been an awesome service opportunity though! 

Our Investigators are doing great and are progressing but at a pace of their own. I admire Brother L. for doing his research and wanting to know for sure. He has been searching Mormon.org and stuff which is good but I keep telling him and testifying that The Book of Mormon is his best resource which he is also reading. I just hope he doesn't stumble upon any anti-mormon material on the internet. We have prayed and fasted much for him as well as all of our investigators. Sister A. is doing super well. She wants to be baptized but has insisted that she pick her own date so we are waiting to see when that will be.  
We also started teaching Brother L.'s mom this week and she also wants to be baptized so we are excited to continue working with her and then eventually the rest of the family. (Brother L. is about 30 and single, he has 11 other siblings, I'm not sure where he falls but I know he is one of the oldest but not the oldest. His father passed away a few years ago. His mom is living with someone right now but has a strong desire to learn and accept the gospel so we hope we can work that situation out.) 
We have also been teaching the R. family. The Nanay (mom) is a little tough to get through to but her son and Daughter are doing very well and they came to general conference and brought their little brother. Her son is mentally handicapped and he has the most amazing spirit. He works with us sometimes and he loves it when we come and teach them. We were teaching sister A. yesterday and he came over just to listen. 

We had zone conference this week! It was really good and we got a lot of good counsel from President and Sister Andaya as well as the other mission leadership. One missionary was asked to bare his testimony and I was really touched by what he said. It was really simple but he talked about how his testimony has grown that God is real. Its simple but true. Knowing that God is real explains everything we do in the church. Everything we do is for him, for his cause, the cause of Our savior; His only begotten son, Jesus Christ. As I was reading in 3 Nephi 10 this week, my testimony of this concept was also strengthened. I know Christ lives. I know that he died so that we can overcome death and return to the presence of the father. I love the line in "I Believe in Christ" in the fourth verse that says "I believe in Christ, So come what may..." I know that through him all things are possible. I believe in Christ so come what may. "What comfort this sweet sentence gives, I know that my redeemer lives" and through him all things are possible. We have a father in heaven, He sent his son. God is real. I know that to be true. The Mission is tough at times but I believe in Christ so come what may. Life is hard at times but if you believe in Christ, come what may. He will help you through.
Oh, so our apartment south I think, of the chapel about 3 kilometers. You cross the big road and it's a pinkish red building. I don't really know how else to describe it.

Thanks for your love and support. I am so lucky to have such amazing family and friends. Keep on keepin on. Keep the faith and may peace be the journey.

Love
Elder Lowe

        


No comments:

Post a Comment