Monday, June 1, 2015

Because their souls are precious

My dearest Family! 

It's been a great week. The work continues to move forward. Part of being the oldest batch in the mission is that whether with other missionaries or members, you become the brunt of the joke when ever the conversation turns to Eternal Marriage. I honestly never thought I'd reach this point in my mission yet here I am. We're loving it though. Me and Elder G. are having fun and doing work in our area. We've had a lot of fun just talking to people, getting to know members and have gotten some new investigators that we are excited to work with. One night this past week our last appointment fell through and so we walked up to the first big house we saw and knocked. A young man about 25 years old answered and let us in before we really had a chance to introduce ourselves and we were able to visit with him a bit and then teach him and his friend who showed up right after the opening prayer. They were both receptive and as they have time we will be able to continue teaching them. They were the type of people that asked all the perfect questions that can be answered by the Message of the Restoration.

There are a ton of things that I am excited to tell all of you! But I just want to reiterate how much I love being a missionary! It has taken two years but I think I'm starting to figure out how to be a missionary. One of the questions that one of the young men that we taught last week was why we are here. What a great question that I will never get tired of answering. They recognized that we are from far away places speaking a language called Waray-waray. I with my family have received countless blessings from the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I want to share those blessings with them. I am here because this is the True Church of Jesus Christ and each soul is precious. As members of the Church we have so much to offer to our fellow men. 

I love you all! I know the Church is true and I know that God lives. He is the reason that this work is possible. Keep the faith and may peace be the journey!

Mosiah 28:3

Love Elder Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment