Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Maupay nga Kuolop. Blog Letter 6/8/2015

Maupay nga Kulop dearest Family!!!

It has been a good week. Yes I lost my wallet and that was stressful but I have strong testimony of prayer and that situation strengthened my testimony thereof even more. I love the Bible Dictionary Definition of Prayer. Part of it explains that through prayer we align our will with the will of God and as we pray in Christs name we pray with the mind of Christ and therefore ask for things that are possible for God to grant. Nephi when he was bound by his brethren did not pray that his circumstances would changed but rather he prayed for the strength to overcome his circumstances. Of course I hoped and prayed that I might find my wallet but I also prayed for the comfort and support to be able to get by without. That prayer was answered and continues to be answered to this day. I have received comfort and have been relieved from stress throughout the week and then today we received a call from the assistants informing us that my wallet was found and is currently in Carigara(a town about an hour out of Tacloban). They gave us his name and contact info and hopefully we will be able to get a hold of my wallet again this week.

And then other than that it was a pretty good week. We had Mission Leadership Council this past week with all the Zone Leaders and STL's as well as a special training for all the ZL's and DL's. Both trainings were really good. I may be at the end of my mission but I still have so much to learn and I learned so much from both trainings. The focus in the mission this month is Loyalty. Loyalty to the Lord. I am coming to realize that only through our loyalty to Him can we truly be loyal to others as well. A true friend indeed is someone who brings us closer to our Savior. I have learned so much from my leaders and fellow missionaries this past week that has left me with a lot to think about and ponder upon. The training in  MLC training was based off of a talk by Gordon B. Hinckley titled "And Peter Went Out And Wept Bitterly." It is a good talk and you should all check it out.

Anyways I love you all. Thank you and thank you again for your love and support. I am indeed blessed to have such a wonderful family that takes time to email me each week. I am always sad when I ask my companions how their families are and they say they don't know because they didn't email that week. Of course that partly is because of different backgrounds and situations that can't be completely explained now. I know their families love them too. I just feel especially blessed to have such a wonderful family that has been so good to me. I know families are central to Gods plan for his Children. Everything in the Church is indeed aimed towards the temple where a family can be sealed for eternity through sacred priesthood ordinances. 

Let us always remember where our loyalties lie. Let us always be honest with our fellow men and with ourselves. Keep the faith and may peace be the journey!

Love Elder Lowe

John 15:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment