Tuesday, May 19, 2015

One Last Transfer, One Previous Area. Blog Letter 5/18/2015

Dearest Family!

Thanks again for the chat last week! You all look and sound great as well! Our week went rather well and it finished off with the Baptism of N.M. She is only 14 but she's pretty bright and her mom is a returning member. The baptism was excellent and we had 2 of our investigators attend one of which is her Brother-in-law whom we have just started teaching and he wants to be baptized. As soon as he and N's sister get married he can. There are many others in her family as well that will hopefully be taught in the future.

The work here is starting to move a long and I have really grown close to the members and so you know what that means! Transfers! Transfer day is today along with p-day and that's why I didn't email you yesterday. I will definitely miss Kilim Branch and I was very surprised to learn of my new assignment/area but I'm excited as well... I think. My thoughts are all still pretty scrambled because I'm in transfer mode. My new companion is a Filipino and his name is Elder G. We have been assigned as the Tacloban Zone Leaders. So I'm going back to my old area in down town Tacloban and training Elder G. as a zone leader for my last cycle. When I transferred from this area in January I was hoping that I could have just one more cycle in down town and so here is that one more transfer that I wanted. I would have been content to end my mission in Kilim but I know God needs me here again in Tacloban. 

Two people I will definitely miss are the H's. They have been so kind to the missionaries and it was fun being assigned in the same District as them. They came to Tacloban yesterday(Monday) and brought our luggage and we met up with them this morning when we arrived in Tacloban. Because I will be transferring, Sister H pulled me aside and gave me unsolicited permission to take their daughter on a date when I get home. She specifically mentioned I could take her mt. biking or rock climbing... . ... I didn't really know what to say so I just laughed and said okay. So um.. I'm just gonna forget about that for 6 weeks and then perhaps I'll give it some consideration when I get home. But hey, as missionaries, we're always grateful to receive referrals right?

I'm excited for this next cycle though. I'm excited to give everything that I got and finish hard in down town Tacloban! I know this Church is the True Church of Jesus Christ and this is His work!
Keep the Faith and may peace be the journey! 

Amping!

Love Elder Lowe

P.s. Back to Waray-waray!

No comments:

Post a Comment