Monday, January 12, 2015

The Indian in Tacloban Letter 1/11/2015

Good morning mga buotan! 

Another full week has come and gone as though in the blink of an eye! I have done an alright job of staying out of the hospital while I've been on my mission but this week I had to give in... I've had a nasty ingrown toenail for the past 6 or 7 months and I finally decided/was convinced to go get it taken care of. And so I did. I took a video of the operation and I was going to send it to you but the file is too big. The whole operation took about 5 minutes and was painless. The Doctor said it was gonna hurt when the anesthetic wore off but it hasn't at all. It feels a whole lot better than it did before that's for sure. 

Our area is doing well and we are finally starting to see some progression. We've really had to stay focused this past transfer but we hope to start seeing some of the fruits in the coming months. R. and M.J. were finally able to make it to Church this past week as well as a few others. You know that feeling you get when a girl you like walks into the room? Well, that's the feeling I get whenever investigators walk into Sacrament meeting.  

T. is still doing well. We had some very good lessons this past week with him about the Book of Mormon and we were able to spend one visit reading with him from 3 Nephi 11. He made a comment that he had heard a lot of different beliefs and what not but as we've shared with him the message has really gotten through and has made sense. He has also made the comment that he feels enlightened. He wasn't able to come to church on Sunday but we committed him to be baptized in February and he agreed. He really understood the doctrine of baptism as we read with him from 3 Nephi 11. Like most investigators, he was a little nervous to pray at the end of the lesson and so when we asked him he said that he would next time but not now. We prompted him a little more but he still wouldn't pray but then my companion rose up on his knees and asked T. to if he would please pray. T. didn't ask any questions but agreed promptly to offer the prayer. He didn't mean to but I think he scared T. into praying. 

Note: My companion is from Fiji. He is black and super ripped. He has been our companion for the past couple of weeks until transfers. 

We met a man this past week named D. He is from India and when he saw us at a little street store he was curious and so he started talking to us. We had to leave so we invited him to come to church and we gave him our number and he gave us his. We honestly didn't expect to hear from him again but the next day he called and wanted us to come visit him and so the next day we were able to go to his apartment and teach him. This teaching appointment was such a neat experience. Even though he's from India he has a Christian background and is currently Born Again. He has been here for 4 years and has a business but ever since he has been here he hasn't been to Church or anything and perhaps when he saw us he saw it as an opportunity to reconnect. As we taught him his eyes were fixed on us and we can tell he is honestly searching for something.

Now... Since things are finally looking up in our area let's talk about transfers! They are doing things different this transfer and transfers are at the beginning of the week instead of the end. I don't know where I'm going yet but I will find out tomorrow at transfer meeting. I have been called again to serve as a trainer. So I will email you with more information on who my new "anak" is and where we're at. It's all kind of bitter/sweet but I'm excited. I'll do and go wherever the Lord needs me.

I love this Gospel. I know that it changes lives. I know God hears and answers our prayers and as we truly Pray in Christ' and pray by the spirit we will know what to pray for. Our will becomes aligned with His will and we truly are able to call upon the powers of Heaven.(BD:prayer)  I love you all. Keep the faith and may peace be the Journey.

Love Elder Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment