Monday, June 23, 2014

Blog Letter 06/23/2014

This is a really sentimental picture for me. I'm grateful that I am training the last batch that was received by our current mission president and his wife. McAurthor memorial has become quite the symbol for this mission. It was just under a year ago that I stood here as a new missionary with President and Sister Andaya. We all, like McAurthor have returned. I am sad to see the Andaya's leave. I love them so much, but I am also excited. I know President Maurer has been called of God and will continue to build this mission into what the Lord wants and expects it to be.



This is completely candid. Elder Q. (He was my zoneleader and companion half of last transfer and is now the AP) took my camera and started taking pictures and this one turned out super sweet. Just me and my kid.



We now have four missionaries in Libagon again. Elder R. and Elder N. are our new house mates.  Elder N. is the funniest kid I have ever met in my life. Last transfer was rough but I have a lot of hope for this transfer. We have a lot of great plans for Libagon including weekly activities and video showings as well as presentations at all the Barangay halls (a barangay is a neighborhood and each one has a a barangay hall where the barangay leaders meet and discuss the needs of their barangay). In order to put to rest the rumors about the Mormons and to find new investigators. Pastor W. has a plan to go to all the Barangay's as well and show his Anti-mormon rubish and so we might just follow him. We know that those that attend will feel the difference in the spirit. We are just being very careful not to be contentious. Despite the rumors no one can deny that we are extremely kind people

We had a baptism that went so well! This was one of the most spiritual baptisms I've had on my mission. I could feel the spirit so strong as I stood in the font and baptized brother R. I am so proud of him. He has faced quite a bit of persecution and as a result he has developed a strong testimony. He is persecuted by his dad, at school, and elsewhere but he knows the Gospel is true. When he bore his testimony he talked about all the persecution and what not, but that he knew that it was all false and that This Church is true. I've never heard a recent convert speak like he spoke as he bore his testimony. He is going to make a great missionary one day because of these challenges he has faced and is facing now. 

We all have faced or will face trials or situations that will require us to defend our faith. At one point or another even members must become truly converted. The Gospel is very simple, but it requires faith and action. A testimony of the Gospel comes as we act upon the truths we have learned. I love witnessing that in both members and Investigators alike. The most important moments for investigators come not as they listen to the missionaries but as they act upon the commitments they have been given.  
That is all for this week. I love my area, I love my new companion. I know that no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. This is God's work. This is the Work of Salvation. We are all a part of this great work. Don't "Sleep through the Restoration." It truly is ongoing. Continue serving diligently in your various callings. Keep the Faith and may peace be the Journey.

Love Elder Lowe



No comments:

Post a Comment