Monday, May 26, 2014

May 26, 2014

Dearest Family,

Well, it's been a good week. We still haven't found a Branch missionary that can work with me. We did have one but then he backed out unfortunately. So I'm still here in Sogod in a tripanionship with the Zone Leaders, Elder L. and Elder Q.. It's been good and I'm learning a lot but I miss Libagon like crazy. We were able to make it to Libagon to work on Saturday though and I still go to Church in Libagon with members of the Branch Presidency because on of them still has to preside in the group. So I go to Church in the Morning in Sogod and then go to Church in the Afternoon in Libagon. Every time I go to Libagon now though it's kind of like going home. I love the people there so much. 

On Saturday we taught one of our investigators, Brother R. We taught the Law of Chastity and at the end when we committed him and then we asked him if he had any questions or comments. He then shared with us this dream he had when he was little. It was kind of a weird dream. I'm not completely sure how to describe it, but it had to do with the finding the True Church. He then related the feeling of that dream to the feeling it feels now. He talked about the feeling of peace and happiness that he feels as he learns of the Gospel. It was cool and then when he finished Elder Q. told him never to forget that feeling; that doubts would come and hardships would come but to never forget that feeling of peace and comfort he feels now. 

Just a little bit of background on R. He's fifteen and was in a lesson that Elder F. and I taught to A. and M.  in preparation for A's baptism. He was interested and wanted to be taught so the Elders on the other side of Libagon continued teaching him. He is now again my investigator because the other missionaries were pulled out and there is now only one companionship in Libagon (or will be as soon as I return).

I started reading the Book of Mormon this week. This time through I am marking and paying special attention to all the things that we are told to do. Joseph Smith said that a man would grow closer to God by abiding by the precepts of the Book of Mormon than by any other book. So I am pointing out those precepts and paying special attention to them and how they are given. I love that book. If I'm stressed, I always find comfort from it's pages. I know it is true. And that testimony only grows stronger as I testify of it's truth. 

I love you all. Thanks for your love and support. Never pass up an opportunity to share the Gospel. Read the Book of Mormon always. Keep the Faith and May peace be the journey.

Love Elder Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment