Monday, December 2, 2013

Letter 12/2/2013

Family!
So I had so much to tell you, but then I left my brain (my planner) at the mission home and so hopefully I can remember it all.

 This week has gone really well and I have so much to be grateful for. We weren't able to teach our investigators as much as we would have liked but we still had a few lessons with them that went really well. We had a really good lesson with G on Sunday about the Plan of Salvation: Our purpose here on Earth. I am so grateful for the spirit. There are a lot of things I would like to say but I can't yet but I know the Spirit teaches what needs to be taught. We had two service projects this week. They went well but we had our whole district at both of them and there weren't really enough jobs for everyone and they absorbed more time than I would have liked. We just did various yard work type things for members in the various wards that the missionaries in our district are assigned to. I was grateful for the opportunity to serve though.
Things with Elder D are getting much better, especially as I learn more about the language. I try to use as much Tagolog as I can when I speak with him and it has helped me a ton! I am doing my best to learn from him and I hope I am a good example for him. Every companion has something to teach me. I still have discouragement and moments of depression. There is so much I want to say and do but I can't yet because of the language. I Know this is teaching me so much and I am growing so much. And thats just it, I'm growing because it's hard and I can do hard things. And if we can do hard things, we can progress and grow. Miracles have not ceased, and I see them every day in the mission field.
For thanks giving we had a fun little adventure. We went over to the B's house. The B's are couple missionaries assigned in our same ward. So Elder D and I as well as the sisters in our ward, Sister H and Sister L went to The B apartment and while the food was finishing up the Carbon Monoxide detector went off so we had to get out of the apartment and figure things out. So we ended up just getting all the food out and eating downstairs in this little lobby area and it was super funny. We had chicken, potatoes and stuffing, and we even had yams! And then a lemon something pie. It was really good considering what Sister B had to work with and we had a lot of fun with it. I love the couple missionaries. Everything worked out with the gas problems but it was a fun little adventure there for a second and it made for an unforgettable Thanksgiving in the mission field. I can't wait to see what the next one has in store.
I love you all. Thank you for your prayers. They have strengthened me so much. Keep the Faith and may Peace be the Journey!

Love Elder Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment