Monday, February 10, 2014

"I Need Thee Every Hour" Letter 2/10/14

Dear Family! 

It has been a really good week as we continue the work down here in Southern Leyte. This place is gorgeous and every day I witness some of Gods most amazing creations. Sometimes me and my companion will just stop to take it all in. He made a comment about the Hymn, "I Need Thee Every Hour" and how true that is and how sometimes we should just take a moment to reconnect with Him. 

We had our first Zone Training meeting this past Wednesday and the spirit was indescribable with those of us here that have returned to "Sogod" zone. The Zone leaders based it from a line from "Kung Fu Panda" that goes like this, "Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but today is a gift, and that is why they call it the present" It was about learning from the things we have experienced and focusing on the work now. One of the things I really liked that they said was that yes, the storm prepared the people to receive the gospel but perhaps more than that, it prepared us to preach His Gospel to them. They talked about  how we should work so hard everyday that we won't think we can do it the next day and then wake up and do it again. I liked that and that's what I'm trying to do. I am so grateful and excited for all the road I have ahead of me after what I have learned from this whole experience.

We had a group activity on Saturday night and we played some games and watched a movie about John Tanner and his sacrifice for the Church. After the video Brother L mentioned how the Lord must have purpose for Libagon because he has put two sets of missionaries in such a small place. There is indeed work for us here and I am so grateful to be a laborer in this part of the vineyard. Brother L is great and his commitment to this gospel is amazing. I love working with him. I wish I had more time to tell you about him.

I love hearing from all of you and hope you are anxiously engaged in this great work! Never pass up an opportunity to share the Gospel. Remember that you need Him every Hour so pray always. Keep the faith and may peace be the Journey.

Moses 6:63

Love Elder Lowe

P.S. We meet at Brother L house. He has this little pavilion thing. The meeting house is small but the spirit is so strong. Hopefully we will see a meeting house built here soon as we work to increase the membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment